- Phase 2
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Serves: 6-8
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 bell pepper diced into ½ inch pieces (red, orange, yellow or green)
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 cups frozen Edamame beans, shells removed
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 -28 oz (or 2 - 14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock or V-8 juice
- 2 tsp fresh chili peppers, diced finely
- 1 tsp each of ground cumin, dried oregano flakes, basil, salt, pepper
Optional: 3-4 tbsp minced cilantro or green onions to garnish
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom pot on medium high heat. Add the onion, garlic, zucchini, peppers and saute until translucent. Approx 10 minutes. Lightly season with pepper.
- Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, stock and chili peppers. Saute another 10 minutes.
- Add the herbs and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro or green onions, and enjoy!